Saturday 19 February 2011

A Restored MZ ES250/2

This isn't one of the MZ's in Mark's possession that we need to dispose of. It was however owned by Mark and it has been restored since by its current owner Alasdhair. I am slightly straying off the objective of this blog but it is such a nice example I had to post it. Prior to selling it to Alasdhair, does anyone know the history of this one? I have lost track as there is one in bits in the cellar, there is the one that had the crackled paintwork effect that I thing Woody now owns. I don't know where this one fits into Mark's history of MZ ownership.

3 comments:

  1. love the trophy's, trying to persuade my mate ammo to sell me one of his, he is a serial hoarder and reckons i'm going to chop it up and turn it into a racer!,if anyone has an etz frame, forks, swingarm and yokes for sale and a copy of jan leek's 'racers' book please let me know, next project is a replica mz gp racer, just need some basic components, i can make the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gresh! Long time no contact, and I wish that I was getting in touch under very different circumstances, although it's a fine tribute you're offering.

    You've mentioned here an ES250 with crackled paintwork - was it ***426L? If so, Mark got it from me and rode it to the AGM 2 or 3 years ago, praising it (if that's the word I'm looking for...) in the mag as one of the grottiest examples he'd encountered. I'd got it from a bloke you probably know in Carnforth a couple of years prior to that. Hope that helps disentangle some of the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talking about AFR 426L? I had that bike up until last October. Bought it from a guy called Malcolm in bolton le sands - about two miles from Carnforth

    ReplyDelete