Tuesday 25 January 2011

Still collectable even in this state

Alasdhair kindly donated this picture to me of Mark's BK350 It was taken on the day he purchased an ES250/2 off Mark (Piccy of the that to come?). These are flat twin two stroke and a very early 1950's MZ. They have become quite collectable and restored do fetch a price higher than the average MZ. I understand that they were very complex  and expensive to build and had to be fettled to keep going so MZ changed to the simpler singles. It is currently residing in a dry area of an old West Yorkshire mill. The frame is bent so there is another one in the Garage in Gomersall. It was originally purchased of Mark's friend Niel. He can probably comment further as to where it came from.

2 comments:

  1. Yup this was one of mine! Cant give much in the way of details though. This was bought off eBay together with a postwar (ie east bloc) BMW R35 and a EMW R35/3 from someone in Portsmouth. Went down and collected them from a container on the docks! Unknown to me Mark had been bidding on the BK and he convinced me that as I already had one I should sell it on to him! the bent frame and the homemade leading link forks point to it having had a sidecar for at least some of its life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now informed by Alasdair that the BK 350 ifs in the hands of Ray Cattle in the MZ club. It did confuse me that there was a picture in the Bristol Section report in the magazine. I will try and obtain pictures for here.

    ReplyDelete